Emergency Medical Technician with sign-on bonus
Employer:Management & Training Corporation
Closed date: 09/20/2015
In this unique position, your work will matter well beyond providing medical services. As an EMT in the Darby Correctional Facility, the daily service you provide matters! To us, to the inmates and you just might end up being the person to inspire these inmates to pursue something more! Yes, you will be responsible for responding to emergencies, assessing inmate medical conditions and determining a course of treatment, but it ends up being more than just applying splints, administering oxygen, treating minor wounds, open and maintain airways, CPR, treatment of shock and assisting inmates with meds....but your being there and caring MATTERS! In this role, you will also promote the development of positive social skills thorugh modeling appropriate behaviors and intervene when inappropriate behavior is observed.
1. Assess inmate medical conditions and determine appropriate course of treatment.2. Provide medical treatment according to nurse or physician instructions and appropriate to level of certification.
3. Administer appropriate medical treatment including, but is not limited to, applying splints, administering oxygen, treating minor wounds or abrasions, opening and maintaining airways, treatment of shock, assisting inmates with prescribed medications and performing CPR.
4. Maintain accurate documentation of treatment provided in accordance with policy and regulations.
5. Respond to medical emergencies at the facility.
6. Ensure medical supply cart, trauma bag, the PPE room and the facility first aid kits are fully and accurately stocked at all times.
7. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
8. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education High school diploma or equivalent. Must have current emergency medical technician license and CPR certification.
Experience One year of experience in a hospital, clinic or correctional setting preferred.
Additional Requirement :
Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
Management & Training Corporation
How To Apply