Location: Punta Gorda, Florida
Closed date: 12/31/2016
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Ambitrans Medical Transport Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Date: May 31st, 2016 Location: Manatee County
Purpose: To provide Advance Life Support patient care and ambulance transportation. Providing emergent and non-emergent patient care and transfers. Also performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
1) Provides emergency and non-emergency ambulance operations in conjunction with a partner, demonstrating excellent driving judgment and due regard for public safety during operation and positioning of unit.
2) Responds to all assigned calls in the most appropriate, safe, and efficient manner to quickly assess the scene and request other help if needed.
3) Provides BLS or ALS patient care in accordance with established ACLS and BTLS policies, procedures and observing prescribed local protocols and clinical practices. Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate techniques, resources, and equipment.
4) May work with an EMT or another Paramedic in an ALS operation, providing overall care in the areas of patient assessment, packaging and transport.
5) Completes appropriate medical records and transportation reports.
6) Maintains a thorough working knowledge of current Paramedic standards of care, including equipment function and use.
7) Maintains a thorough working knowledge of local geography, including mapping, street and GPS systems.
8) Maintains units and equipment in a clean, organized and ready condition after each response.
9) Completes or ensures completion of vehicle mechanical check off at the beginning of each shift ensuring that fuel, fluid levels, and tire air pressure are adequate at all times. Reports equipment damage or malfunctions as prescribed.
10) Ensures that the daily equipment and supplies check sheet is completed, narcotic accountability book is completed and all equipment is in good working order.
11) Completes all station duties and maintains crew quarters in a neat and serviceable condition.
QUALIFICATIONS required to perform ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Emergency clinical practices, procedures and company medical protocols
Use of medical and related emergency equipment
Ø Technical Skills:
Evaluating and treating patients
Exercising judgment, dexterity and physical coordination
Preparing clear and concise reports
Driving emergency vehicles
Ø Behavioral and Physical Skills:
Ability to act calmly and quickly in emergency situations
Can work independently as part of a team, sometimes alongside emergency fire and police units
Able to create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situations
Able to work during odd hours and for extended periods, sometimes outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
Can work with much standing, bending, kneeling, and sitting
Able to work with partner in lifting patients whose weight occasionally exceeds 250 pounds
Strength required but not limited to arms, legs, and shoulders to lift, push and pull patients with and without assistance at various times.
Able to avoid or minimize health risks and exposure for all Blood borne Pathogens and other airborne pathogens including MRSA by using personal protective equipment
Able to provide a high level of excellent customer service and interact with facility personnel in a professional and courteous manner
Ø Certification(s) and/or License(s):
Current State of Florida Driver’s License Current State of Florida Paramedic Certification
Current CPR Certification Current ACLS Certification
PALS EVOC (preferred)
Ø Education and/or Experience:
High school graduate
Completion of course-work and certification in emergency medicine
A minimum of one year of experience in the field as an EMT or Paramedic (preferred but not required)
Education High School Diploma or GED/Florida Paramedic Certification
Experience (preferred) 1- 2 years
Additional Requirement :
We operate in Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, and Manatee counties in Florida.
We are interviewing local and remote candidates and, under certain circumstances, will provide relocation assistance to successful out of area candidates.
4351 Pinnacle Street
Punta Gorda, Florida 33980