Closed date: 12/31/2016
The mission of HeartTraining, LLC is to save lives through education. We help increase the preparedness of healthcare providers and communities by offering courses in American Heart Association Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, CPR/AED, First Aid and other certification courses. American Heart Association instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to millions of people each year in hospitals, businesses, schools and communities. We are currently seeking an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor to work in our Kansas City, Missouri Training Center. We have a full and part time positions available.
The ACLS and PALS Instructor’s primary responsibility is to instruct American Heart Association (AHA) classes to healthcare providers and community groups at our Research Medical Center-Brookside Campus building and at our new location in Overland Park, KS. This position is responsible for providing high quality, superior instruction, inventory control, providing necessary reports and managing/cleaning equipment in their possession. All while demonstrating our core values of professionalism, accountability and dependability.
• Instruction: Teaches AHA courses to healthcare providers, businesses and to the community. Confirm course at least 48 hours before the scheduled course. Must arrive at teaching site 30 minutes prior to class start time to ensure proper set-up.
• Supply Chain/Logistics: Manages all equipment and inventory in their possession. This may include transporting, unloading and set-up of the necessary materials and supplies needed to teach the course and return of materials to the Training Center. At conclusion of class, responsible for cleaning and any maintenance of the equipment.
• Quality Assurance: Responsible for applying quality assurance and control programs. Integrates quality improvement activities and measures in overall service provision. Ensure that the proper safety measures are in place to protect customers and staff who participate in the training activities. Ensure consistent return of each student by providing outstanding education and customer service.
.• Resource Management: Recommends investments in technology, capital, equipment systems or other assets that will improve the quality of the delivery of our services. Responsible for efficient and effective resource use. Adheres to financial controls in the handling of any on-site payments and ensures timely handling and reporting of secured funds.
• Communications/Reporting: Engages in regular communications with Scheduling Coordinator and Training Center Coordinator regarding course updates and latest changes to products/services. Submits training activity and other course related records in a timely manner for the processing of necessary records. Where applicable, training and course-related records must be submitted electronically using our web-based learning management system.
• Personnel Management: When an instructor’s certification is at the level of Training Center Faculty, he or she will provide supervision and training to other instructors to ensure high quality, superior delivery of services and products.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirement
• Normal physical mobility, physical agility, physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools, dexterity of hands and fingers, coordination and endurance, frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, kneeling, and turning. Ability to hear normal conversation, telephone communications, low voice volumes and whispers. Near vision and depth perception required
• Excellent communications skills: verbal and written.
• Speak in a clear manner in order to ensure understanding from those attending the class.
• Frequently able to kneel and move body from kneeling position to standing position independently.
• Ability to lift 10-25 lbs. frequently with ability to transport this weight from automobile to course location - possibly including stairs.
• Able to perform all demonstration activities required of courses being taught.
• Current certification in discipline desired to instruct
• Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner
• Customer service orientation to ensure return of student
• Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). Credentialing as required by state law
• Current Driver’s License. Access to transportation to instruction sites.
• Healthcare background required i.e. EMT-P, RN, DO or MD. ACLS and PALS positions require 5 years critical care experience preferably Emergency Medical Services (EMS) or Emergency Department (ED) background
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs. Ability to use online, web-based technology to submit payroll time card, course related training documents and for regular communication
• Access to phone, internet and email
• Consent to background check
7300 W. 110th St.
Overland Park, Kansas 66210