Location: Bay Area Division---Fremont Station California
Job Code: 1000
Reports To: Paramedic Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To care for and transport patients via ambulance.
Responsibilities- include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform routine maintenance checks on vehicles and equipment at the beginning of each shift; and record and submit lists to Paramedic Supervisor.
2. Document and report vehicle and equipment malfunctions to Paramedic Supervisor/ Supervisor on duty.
3. Receive "call" information from dispatch center, and drive ambulance to the scene.
4. Assist patients by providing proper medical care and treatment.
5. Assess patient conditions to include obtaining patient histories, vital signs and providing shock treatments; maintain proficiency in applying dressings and bandages, oxygen therapy, splinting, backboarding and suctioning.
6. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and ambulances, and restock supplies used after each "call."
7. Complete "trip information" form and/or Patient Care Report to include patient information, location and treatments administered for all calls during shift. Complete and submit billing forms accurately.
8. Attend in-house training and staff meetings as required to learn new techniques and maintain current skills.
9. Maintain crew areas in a neat and orderly fashion as needed.
10. Follow company Standard Operating Procedures, radio communication procedures, established Department of Transportation guidelines, state regulations, ‘sponsor’ hospital guidelines and company policies as required.
11. Maintain all required state and county certifications/license that pertain to the position of EMT-B as listed in certifications and licenses below.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and completion of certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program.
Certificates and Licenses:
County issued EMT certification card, CPR for BLS Provider Certification, Valid California Driver’s License, Medical Examiner’s Certification, Ambulance Drivers Certification, DMV Driving Record in good standing in accordance to insurance company standards.