Employer: U. S. Deparment of State
Location: Dunn Loring, Virginia 22209
The Operational Medicine Unit of the Department of State’s Diplomatic Security Bureau is seeking paramedics to provide medical training and direct medical support to Diplomatic Security training programs.
The Department of State’s Operational Medicine Unit has three primary missions:
1) Provide education on basic emergency medical procedures to Foreign Service personnel going overseas, Marine Embassy Security Guards, and diplomatic support staff. OMU also provides advanced medical procedure training to Diplomatic Security Agents, and Mobile Security Deployment Teams.
2) Provide direct medical support to State Department high risk training programs, domestic and overseas protective details, and National Security Special Events
3) Provide medical intelligence and emergency management input for mission planning on indigenous medical capabilities and disease threats in Diplomatic Security operational areas.
The incumbent will be responsible for
- Providing direct medical support to Department of State high risk training programs and treating patients with medical emergencies. This includes providing emergency medical care according to established treatment protocols in support of high risk training events and contingency operations both domestically and abroad.
- Conducting training on basic medical treatment and life support to Foreign Service personnel, including scenarios of tactical medical response in a critical environment.
- Creates and updates lesson plans, instructor guides, student guides, practical exercises and power point presentations.
- Provides support to other training programs to include acting as a role player, coach, or instructor
Experience 3 Years
Madatory Requirement -
Applicat MUST have and maintain Nationally Registered Paramedic certification
Key Requirements -
U.S. Citizenship is required
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
Salary: $76,000 annual
How To Apply
Submitt a detailed resume and certifications to: DeemMa@state.gov
Resumes must include job announcement number DSPSC#12-56, current salary, and must be received electronicly by 11:59 PM on November 20, 2015
Your resume must clearly reflect the requirements of this position, if not, your application may not be considered.