Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Respond to both emergent and non-emergent jobs as Dispatched.
This summary identifies the principle functions of the EMT-B. Additional tasks may be added, at the discretion of the Company, provided the task lies within the normal domain of the Job Description. This summary does not negate the responsibility to comply with the current Company Policies or to follow standard work practices as defined by the Company.
Qualified applicants must currently have a State EMT certification and driver's license from the state of residence.
- Treat all customers including but not limited to, patient families, Hospital Representatives and all TransCare Employees professionally and courteously
- Maintain NYS DOH EMT-B Certification
- Maintain a driver’s license valid in the state of residence.
- Report to work on time and in the appropriate uniform with the proper equipment.
- Provide the appropriate patient care and transportation following NYS DOH protocol guidelines.
- Properly document treatment and findings on a TransCare provided Ambulance Call Report.
- Be able to lift and carry 125 pounds without assistance. With assistance the EMT-B will be able to lift 250 pounds.
- Properly care for and maintain the vehicle including, but not limited to, stocking the vehicle per Part 800 standards.
- Ability to drive.
- Follow the guidance of all supervisory and management personnel.
- Understand, follow and implement all current Company policies and procedures.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability