Instructor - Emergency Medical Services (EMS) (2 Positions)
Employer: Madison Area Technical College
Closed date: 11/20/2015
Open Until Filled
Salary $55,002 – $91,737
This is a full-time faculty position beginning with the Spring 2016 semester. Starting salary is between $53,990 – $90,050 depending on qualifications and experience. Salary is based on a nine month teaching contract.
Start date: January 4, 2016.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for instruction at all levels of the Emergency Medical Services Department program including EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, etc. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to Dean for the School of Human and Protective Services.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Facilitate instruction in the EMS programs including but not limited to the following courses and programs: Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT, EMT – Intermediate and Paramedic.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies, including alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including, but not limited to, hybrid, face-to-face, accelerated, on-line course delivery, active learning, and flipped classrooms.
3. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters. Facilitate remediation strategies where necessary.
4. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of and experience with current educational methods and strategies; learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation; collaborative techniques; and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender, and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods to deliver high-quality instruction (i.e., online and hybrid course formats, course software such as Blackboard, video, interactive television, etc.).
3. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds and persons with physical and/or learning disabilities.
1. Associate’s Degree from an accredited college, with the intent to complete a Bachelor’s degree within five (5) years.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of Emergency Medical Services work experience, with One (1) year (2,000 hours) within last five (5) years.*
Two (2) years of full-time equivalent teaching experience in Emergency Medical Services at an accredited college within the past five (5) years may be substituted for the one (1) year of EMS work experience within the past five (5) years.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Position Type: Faculty
Recruitment Strategy: External
Posting Number 20150602219
For more information go to: http://apptrkr.com/703056
Madison Area Technical College
How To Apply
Apply Online: http://apptrkr.com/703056